Thursday 12 July 2007

Grandford Video

My first venture into putting any of my filming on to the WWW. This is a personal little clip I made on our 13 anniversary on 9 July. Glandford is a place close to my heart, I remember feeding ducks here from about the age of 3. It was one of the first places I ever painted a picture of. My Dad grew up in the next village of Cley and he played here as a boy. Glandford was the home village of my great grandmother. I love the unchanged atmosphere of the ford crossing the Glaven river, the sounds take me straight back to my childhood. The chimes of the church bells ringing out over the countryside is so evocative of a past age. I hope these 100 year old echoes from 1906 will continue to delight for centuries to come.




The church has a carillon of twelve bells, on which the clock strikes, and on which hymn tunes are played at noon, three, six and nine o clock, and so on every three hours. A different tune is played each day from the following hymns:-
"Once in Royal David's city", "Jerusalem on high", "On the Resurrection morning", "The Saints of God", "On the happy Easter morn", "Every morning the red sun", "There is a fountain filled with blood".

No comments: